Saturday, November 7, 2009


"I will lead the blind by ways they have not known, along unfamiliar paths I will guide them; I will turn the darkness into light before them and make the rough places smooth. These are the things I will do; I will not forsake them..."
Isaiah 42.16
There are many things before us that we are blind to, but to live in the Spiritual dimension designed by God, and His leading us along our journey, is the way of the Lord.
Not every journey is the same, because we are unique.
Bridges in the Spirit are choices we will have to make as we come to them and decide if they are worthy of crossing over into a New way, because we have not come this way before.
A New adventure in the Spirit or a New truth illuminated by Holy Spirit. He is the guide into all truth, and his basis come from God the Father and creator and Jesus.
All things must line up with Jesus, the Father, Holy Spirit and the Word.
The Word comes to us in two forms, one is God's spoken word and two is Jesus himself.
Any truth Holy Spirit brings New revelation to will always line up on these points.
As i was doing a study for a meeting last week, on love and the gifts of the Spirit i came across something i had never thought of before from Galatians chapter 5.16-25.
Paul is talking about the acts of the sinful nature and then speaks on the fruit of the Spirit. Being, Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Goodness, Faithfulness, Gentleness, and Self Control. We are quite familiar with this passage.
What came to me was this; the sinful nature is at odds to the Spirit or in his words, "contrary"
CONTRARY: an adjective.
1) diametrically opposed.
2) unfavorable.
3)willfully stubborn in opposition.
As a Noun: 1) in Logic, either of two contrary things.
As an adverb: 1) contrary in action to one's principles.
or as an idiom: contrary to expectation. (extracted from dictionary.com)
Now since i am trying to be led by the Spirit and do not want to be contrary in thinking and actions and expectation, i had to ask myself a question?
Are the things i am doing, such as my love, joy, peace, patience etc being formed in me and being executed by my will coming from a Spiritual source? Am i indeed doing these things with this fruit or am i still living out these actions through the soulish source which was present in me before i became a New creation in Christ?
We all come with our own love be it as it is, we all come with a natural joy, and peace and a form of patience and so on. We can all be kind, good, faithful, gentle and self controlled to some extent.
But; have we gone so far in our walk as to move from the childish ways and into the more mature way of walking in the Spirit in all these matters?
It is easy to stay one dimensional, but this is not the way of Holy Spirit, this is man's way.
When Jesus was rebuking Peter for his lack of understanding and he said to him, "Get behind me Satan! You are a stumbling block to me, you do not have in mind the things of God but the things of men." Matt.16.23
i wanted to question whether i was still thinking like a man in human terms and with humanistic insight only. Had i really crossed over that bridge of unconditional love?
What do i have to do to shed this clothing that smell of the contrary nature and the normal as everyone else kind of love?
What is it to know supernatural joy? To fully understand, "the joy of the Lord is my strength?"
Peace that passes all understanding?
Patience, what spiritual dimension have i crossed over to have this fruit blazing in my heart.
Kindness, at who's level? What is Holy Spirit kindness, i mean what does this look like, feel like?
Goodness. Jesus said, "you call me good, but only God is good."
Faithfulness. Jesus before his death was in the garden praying, and the disciples could not even watch and pray with him. Peter even denies him.
If i was to be tested, wait i have been and failed. i should be dead. Who was faithful to me during my failure?
Gentleness. Could i be the good Samaritan? To bind up the broken hearted, set the captives free. Give up my time, effort, be willing to get a little dirty for the sake of another. Is the real Spirit in me ready to be poured out?
Self control. i never thought about how powerful this is as a fruit of the Spirit. i always thought it was something i conjured up on my own, something i made happen because i was so in love with God and Jesus that nothing could divide my attention? There are natural elements we are capable of doing outside the Spirit. They produce pride in ourselves and we fail miserably because of all we thought we had. What did we have? A handful of sand, because that was our foundation.
i took a long look at this and realized that i had a contrary way in me that was built of my own doing, it was as natural as breathing. i was given a measure of these things and by good conscience performed them, but there is a more excellent way. The way of the Spirit and being led by and walking in Holy Spirit.
Eph.4.22-24
You were taught with regard to your former way of life, to put off your old self which is being corrupted by it's deceitful desires; to be made new in the attitudes in your minds; and to put on the new self created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness.
When we come to know the difference within us, that there is still a line of corruption, an underlying current of things that can compromise the Spirit, and our spirit from the true holiness and righteousness of God; then the warfare we wage is not so much on the outside with elements contrary, but first and foremost on the inside. The outer elements have been dealt with by Christ, and the victory is in his right hand with power forever.
We, have a choice to want righteousness and holiness. To go after it like gold, like treasure, like the pearl of great price and to not quit until we have done all we can to have it.
If there are things of a corruptible nature, then there are more things of an incorruptible nature that we can have for ourselves.
Just because we have been reborn does not mean that there is no further work to be done and that Holy Spirit will do everything for us.
A continual putting off and putting on. Layers, seasons, depth, maturity, Godliness and Christ likeness.
If very little has changed in you over the years, shouldn't that be telling you something?
Learn from the parable of the ten virgins what it takes to go all the way.
Holy Spirit is the best guide, best tracker, smartest with the full faculty of genius at his disposal to help us on our journey.
As a friend of mine has said, "I used to believe in God and Jesus, but now I know them!"

1 comment:

Jane said...

Very insightful. I have pondered many of these questions, myself. A wise Bible scholar once told me that if I am wrestling with these questions, I am on the right path.

I look forward to more of your thoughts and will be watching the blog...

Jane (artfully graced*)
* I chose this blog name because I have been graced by God with an artful nature. Not only has He given me a desire to paint and create...and the skills to do so, He has blessed me with the gifts of encouragement, hospitality, and teaching. Through Christ, I am a work of art...thoroughly graced.