Monday, November 10, 2008

I Remain

I remain
I watch the days pass
like clouds
on an everlasting wind
gathering body
until they ‘re pregnant
and rain on us.
we’re alone now
alone in the sun
we bake
fry
our brains
hot eggs
on pavement
the black asphalt
scorching
our hurting feet.
we beat our
chests
harder and harder
but
Tarzan does
not become us
and I sink
into a misty
blue.
the only water
runs down my face
gathers on my glasses
in little pools
I drown
in sorrows
fallen lament.
I hit the
burning pavement
I’m fried
past cooked
past baked.
I’m harder than
a rock
don’t pick me up
I’ll burn your fingers.

shower me with cool
another rain

another shower
rain on me
but most of all
reign in me.
past iniquities

spent
the loss alas lost
at last tossed
the sea waves
bread on the water
frothing
churning
this burning desire
I’ve never had
inside
my heart
the glass palace
you can see right in.
there I am…
and here I am
and there I go…
sweat is not sweet
not a sweet smell
not a sweet taste
the sweat
of repulsion
I drip
I bleed of
I can’t even shed
a tear
to care for others.
I’m cold sweat
and death
met in a glass bottle
on a rolling sea
to capture me.
out and out
and into myself
time is no friend to me
nothing changes

only
the surroundings
i remain
staining the page
again.
Aug. 99

No comments: